Tuesday, 12 June 2012
Naked Men ..... (not)
Recently I joined a gym which was a new one for me. I have been sporty ever since I can remember, playing soccer for a local team for many years, badminton, squash, cricket, these were all my sports.
Usually there were communal changing rooms, some better than others.
After team games it was universally common for everyone, and I mean everyone to disrobe completely before and after finishing the match. We undressed, walked about the changing room au naturelle, naked, nude. This was the norm for all my sporting career.
I have noticed that the younger male members of the gym have a completely different practice. They are almost always clothed in some way. Going to the shower, they have towels around their waists, or they wear shorts. After the showers, which are individually screened by curtains, they emerge, wet but often still wearing shorts. If not they dry themselves whilst in the enclosed individual shower and then emerge with a towel again around their waists.
One young man came out of the shower wet through, still wearing shorts and proceeded to dry himself with the shorts still on. I saw one guy do what happens on sandy beaches, he wrapped a towel around his waist, took off his wet shorts and replaced them with dry underpants, whilst all the time having the towel around his nether regions.
I note that this practice of not showing certain parts of one’s body is almost exclusively the habit of young men, around 18 to 21 in my gym? Older men who don’t generally have good physiques walk around naked.
Not having first hand knowledge, I’m told on good authority that the ladies changing exhibits (not meant to be a pun) the same behaviour. Young girls with great figures cover them and much older ladies are unencumbered by clothes.
Is this a common practice in other changing rooms? Could someone explain why this happens?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment