Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Twitter versus Blogger

Recently I've discovered Twitter. I've known of it's existence for a year or so but it's somehow passed me by.

I suppose I'm a Newbie in Blogging terms but have gained a great deal of pleasure from blogging and all the bloggers. I decided to see if Twitter provided something similar.

So, I've been Twittering for a couple of weeks.

Thoughts so far:

As a Twitter post (a Tweet) is limited to a maximum of 140 characters there are advantages and disadvantages.

It's quick to post a Tweet and it can be done several times per day if necessary. This allows a quick response to be made to other Tweets that may be of interest. It is also less time consuming. A Tweet takes a minute or so whilst a blog post takes me 30 minutes at least.

One doesn't need many literary skills to Tweet and by necessity much of it is abbreviations or code.

Many organisations and celebrities use Twitter, the BBC, Daily Telegraph, Guardian, 10 Downing Street as examples (I'm sure there are other less "establishment" organisations too). Tweet-active people include Stephen Fry, Demi Moore, Suzi Perry and amny others.

I'd very much like to hear your comments as you are bloggers (and maybe Twitterers).

Later, I'll probably post this as a link in a Tweet.


My Twitter is http://twitter.com/SaintSteven

No comments:

Post a Comment